Monday 7 August 2017

Developer Diary: Starting At TIM Group

Today was my first day working at TIM Group! I'm humbled to be working with so many enthusiastic and intelligent people. The culture and way of working at the company is a massive departure from what I am used to. Everyone in technology is responsible for themselves, trusted to get the work done and nurtured to improve. People understand the value of happiness and real work/life balance.

Even after a single day there I am seeing and feeling the difference. Little things like:

  1. We managed to break something as I was being onboarded. A colleague spotted this before us, fixed it and notified us. No fuss, no muss.
  2. For lunch we took 90 minutes and sang sea shanties, it was silly and glorious. It could have been embarrassing but it felt like a safe space :)
  3. Everyone, including the CEO, started walking out at 5.30pm
  4. For 7 years I've come home and gotten changed. There is relief when I can take off the suit. Today I walked in the door and I was already comfortable in my skin.
Exciting times :)

1 comment:

  1. It's coming up to my 3 year anniversary at TIM! I'm very happy to say that my excitement was well founded :D

    ReplyDelete